Monday, October 25, 2004

89. Dick

I'm starting to think something really strange is going on. You'll notice it's been two weeks since my last entry here, and ... I can't remember a damn thing I've done during that time! Oh, sure, I've suited up and gone on routine patrols with Batman most nights, but other than that, it's all a blur. I think I had lunch with Janice sometime last week, and I know it's pretty much over with Peter, but other than that, what the hell have I been doing all day?

Now, last night was a night off, I know that. The last thing I remember is turning on the TV and falling asleep on the couch around 9 PM. I woke up this morning in my bed, but there were scratches on my arm and forehead, and I found several little bits of mud and twigs under my bedsheets.

I know I should tell Batman about it, but I'm too embarrassed. He'd probably just chew me out, the way he seems to relish doing when I fuck something up. Instead, I've been trying to think about what I would do if I were him: analyze the debris under a microscope, for starters. But why? What would I be looking for? He hasn't taught me enough yet to be able to learn much of anything from soil samples. So I could try it, but I'd just be going through the motions.

Which is apparently what I've been up to since the beginning of the month.