Friday, December 31, 2004

107. Dick

New Year's Eve already? Time flies when you spend so much of it wringing your hands hoping the man you love (and work for!) is going to survive poisoning.

Bruce is doing a little better these last few days--the hallucinations seem to have stopped, at least-- but his skin is still a horror and he's still in a lot of pain so he's not well enough to go on patrols tonight, even though both of us are convinced that Strange is almost bound to strike. GCPD has Gotham Square under tight surveillance, but that surely won't deter him.

I want so badly to go out solo as Robin, but Bruce forbids it. So I'm here at home with a bag of popcorn in the microwave and a bottle of champagne in the fridge, about to turn the TV on. Not the evening I was expecting, but then if you'd asked me a year ago what I'd be doing at the very end of 2004, I doubt I would have answered, "Putting on a mask and costume and defending Gotham from evildoers."

Ah, life is FULL of surprises, ain't it?