Tuesday, December 07, 2004

97. Dick

I feel like I've been completely out of circulation for weeks. And now this.

Somebody has hacked into the batcomputer, and B is understandably going berserk about it. We're in complete lockdown mode over at the Cave; Alfred's practically tearing the place apart looking for security breaches. Until those two figure out what's going on, the main computer is out of commission--no classified information can be exchanged except in person.

I'm spending as much time as I can away from the action. I know it's wrong, I know it's not very heroic of me to retreat like this, but goddammit, I've been busting my ass for the Batman for months now. My own home is a wreck; I can't find anything when I need it, my refrigerator is full of moldy half-eaten crap, and everywhere I walk I seem to step on something fragile. Meanwhile Christmas is two weeks away and I haven't given it a thought. On the other hand, I barely have anyone left on my shopping list--no friends, no family, just Bruce and Alfred. That's about it.

Needless to say, there's no tree going up at Wayne Manor. They've got much bigger shit to deal with at the moment.