Friday, September 10, 2004

77. Dick

With the Tempest behind bars and the Riddler seemingly quiet, I've had a little time to think things over.

It's funny how, now that I have no other means of employment, an appointment with my shrink has suddenly become the only stable point of my week. Haven't seen Janice or Peter in I don't know how long... and I'm not sure when that will happen again, either. Do I really want Batman to be the center of my life?

Then there's the political implications of my new line of work: If you'd told me 6 months ago that I'd be getting a paycheck from the guy whose headquarters I've protested half a dozen times, I'd have laughed you out of the room. Now look at me... a humble servant of WayneTech like all the weapons manufacturers, pharmaceutical companies, and other thugs in the corporation's employ.

Bruce and I never talk politics. No time. But he looks like old-money Republican to me, and it's completely against my principles to do anything that will lead to another term for GWB.

I'm gonna have to bring this up, sooner or later.

Meanwhile, it's back to work.