Tuesday, August 23, 2005

195. Alfred

Master Bruce is home again, though he says he may be called away again at any moment. He has not talked about what he has been doing, and I of course do not ask, but I can see that it has affected him on some deep level. I only hope the change is for the best.

I continue to manage the financial affairs of Master Richard as well, although I have not spoken to him since his departure from the Manor.

I never dreamed I would say this during my lifetime, but It looks as though the era of Batman--and Robin--is now over. While I initially disapproved of Master Bruce's decision to assume the role and am on some level relieved that both men are now safe, I grieve the loss of their contributions to the city, and I pray that someone or something will change, and soon.