Thursday, April 20, 2006

256. Robin

I guess it's time I started keeping a journal as Robin again, even though the last time I did, it nearly ended both my life and Batman's. Oh, well: you live, you learn. And one thing I'm begining to learn is that I seem to have this vigilante crimefighter business in my blood. Or else it's my destiny. Or maybe I'm jusy as crazy as Bruce Wayne and Oliver Queen.

Anyway, I'm here, and I'm alive, and I guess I'm Robin once more.

I very nearly wasn't any of those things, just a couple of hours ago. Thank god I still remembered the breath control techniques Batman taught me--and thank god I finally figured out why O calls himself the Green Arrow. His collection of blades, planted in various nooks and crannies of his uniform, is the one thing that saved us both from suffocation.

I should say it saved all three of us, because the minute GA cut us both loose from our plastic tombs, we discovered another person in the room with us, chained to the wall, and got him some air just in the nick of time. Must have been one of the goons who conked us over the head back when the fun was just getting started.

We'll know more in a little while; we're about to interrogate him. He's the best--and only--lead we've got. (Did I just say "we"? Damn, it's all coming back to me... The old team spirit.)

Hoo-boy. It's been a long, long time since I've been part of a good interrogation. Feels great to be back.