Friday, July 16, 2004

29. Dick

My first night at home alone in days. Not that I'm complaining, mind you, about my newfound life of insane batcave visits and sex with a cute, totally normal guy on alternating evenings. But I need time to think. Especially now that I have a LOT to think about.

I'm still getting used to the idea of Batman as Bruce Wayne. Funny, but it never occured to me to wonder who he was beneath the mask. I just took him at face value. I didn't really want or need him to be anyone else but "the Batman." And now that illusion is shattered forever, I guess. The question is, what do I do next?

Who am I kidding? From the minute Bat ... er, Bruce ... invited me to work alongside him, I was sold.

I mean, sure he's crazy. The whole idea is crazy. But how often does an opportunity like this come along? For years now I've been saying I have to do more with my short time on the planet than work in an office all day and watch TV all night. The time I spent as an activist was the most rewarding period of my life; this strikes me as an extension of the same impulse, just under slightly different circumstances. Either way, it's working outside the law to try and make the world a better place. And this time, I get to wear a hot-looking costume and work alongside the sexiest man I've ever seen.

Besides, if I don't like it, I can always back out later on down the road.